Great news: The Fort Worth Star-Telegram has reignited its paid internship program for this fall. What does that mean? If you are going to apply, it’s important to do so soon. Here is information on one of the internships being offered:
Job Description / Responsibilities / Qualifications
The Multimedia Intern will join a team of breaking and digital reporters and video producers responsible for canvassing North Texas for the most urgent and interesting stories our busy and growing region has to offer.
This person will write short breaking, entertainment and life news and will curate and create videos for digital platforms. Areas of interest for the Multimedia Intern could include the latest big development in a mayoral race or an update on the name of a local baby giraffe at the local zoo – all in the same day.
- The ability to write quickly, accurately and well;
- Solid news judgment;
- Driven, with an instinctive grasp of what will engage a wide audience;
- A deep grasp of what drives interest on Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms;
- A strong entrepreneurial spirit, good curiosity and high energy;
- A collaborative style that works comfortably across teams spread throughout the office and company.
- A familiarity with entry-level video editing platforms is preferred.
This position is 20 hours a week and work time is flexible. The job is based in downtown Fort Worth. Schedule could include weekend hours. This intern will have a mentor and will be paired with other digital team members to learn tools/skills needed.
Cover Letter (Required)
Writing Sample (Optional)
link to video clip(s) (Optional)
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org