More from Bianca Montes‘ notebook:
Session: Asking interview questions that make your mama blush
Dan Close, Wichita State University
Quote: Some people should fear you. Make sure you know who they are.
Here are just a few highlights from the session:
- Ask further questions: What do you mean by that, give me some examples
- Don’t allow quote approval.
- Shame is a powerful weapon.
- Close-ended questions to confirm.
- Open-ended questions to explain.
- No question is unfair: You’re trying to find the truth.
- Play smart. Play dumb. Be the good cop and the bad cop.
- Learn to read upside down.
- Don’t save your hard questions for the end of the interview.